Friday, April 2, 2010

not "your welcome," but "my pleasure!"

IMG_7452
loooooooove having Easter break with the sun shining brightly! what a boost it gives the entire town of Storm Lake to get rid of snow and say hello to mr. sunny sun. Ryan and i have been happily enjoying this beautiful break together-although, my poor man is dealing with a lil bit of sickness that had started this past week with awful allergies. we are making the most of our days together before work starts once again. we took a mini trip out of town to Sioux City and went shopping!

here I am the last nite, contemplating all the wonderful possiblities of shopping-oh the things that i could add to my home!
IMG_7403

shopping usually weighs us down, and we need some motivation to keep going. back when i lived at home, mom and ilene would have to bribe me to keep moving by feeding me-treating me to coffee drinks, or snacks throughout the day. now however, ryan and i bribe ourselves to keep going. we saw a familiar red and white cup of a dear southern fast food place, and as we turned the corner the heavens opened up and a light shone in front of us as a hallelujah chorus sang out!!!!!! Chick-fila has landed in the midwest!!!! oh what a treat to have a little bit of a southern reminder. I usually avoid fast food, but chick-fila is one place i happily welcome.
IMG_7456
IMG_7461

i finished off one of the "i-am-bored" crafts. I wanted to fill in that boring empty space in the kitchen, so i made a bulletin board for pics, verses, and reminders on! it's simple, but it works for now and covers up the hospital white wall.
IMG_7463
IMG_7474

oh, and one last exciting thing! I've been looking for a cookbook stand. i am loving the cooking part of being a wifey, but bending over and crookin my neck over my cookbook while i'm cooking hurt. so when i saw this, i was ecstatic and immediately added this to my shopping cart:)
IMG_7468
yay! no more crooked necks!
IMG_7469
what a fun day!:) and blogging about it at the end of the day is always a treat for me!

No comments: