Tuesday, October 25, 2011

a few moments before becoming a mom

My hands are sweaty. 
My hands are never ever sweaty.
My heart is pounding.
I'm at the verge of tears and I'm trying to calm myself down.
Life is about to change for us.
After today, I don't think we'll ever see things the same again.
God is bringing a child into our lives. 
Today.
This hour.
And we're waiting.
Praying.
Waiting.
Every five seconds I'm looking out to see if he's here.
Trying to grab hold of the last few minutes of life before kids with Ryan.
But looking at the future of what life is going to be like with a little boy.

I'm looking out the window...
there he is...
our little boy is here.

2 comments:

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

this was really a beautiful post, sister. praying for you guys - it's gonna be an adventure but you guys aren't doing this alone. <3 you all!

Mrs. Jean Knapp said...

I LOVE this... Goosebumps!