Tuesday, February 14, 2012

He's my Valentine

Ryan took me out to see the movie, The Vow this weekend, and it's probably one of the sweetest movies I've seen. I cried through a lot of it, but tried to quiet down my sobs, because it appeared to me that no one else in that darn theater was crying except for me. 
The movie tugged at my emotions and I was a visible mess when I stepped out of the darkness of that theater. The setting of the movie was in the city of Chicago, the very place that Ryan and I met, dated, and fell in love in.
So many of the Chicago shots in that movie brought back those vivid memories of falling in love with Ryan in that beautiful city. So many similar memories of dates walking in the newly fallen snow with city lights around us, ducking into unique coffee shops to warm up, swimming in lake michigan...Yeah, the movie wasn't the only reason I was crying. Reminiscing through those sweet memories of our love story in Chicago was one of the best parts.








Some of these pics are so old, back when we first met and from some of our first couple of dates. 
I love how magical it was falling in love with Ryan. 
I love how Chicago will always hold that special place in our hearts because our story began there. 
I always think back to when our love story started, because it brought me where we are today.
My parents and other wiser older couples always told me, "You think you love him now? You will love him even more than you do today."
They are very much right.
I can't imagine how much more I will love him in 10, 20, 30 years from now. 
Our love story hasn't ended.
In fact, it's really just begun. 

To the love of my life,
my husband, 
my best friend,
my permanent and life long Valentine,
I love you.

1 comment:

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

i LOVED this! the old pics were esp. fun to look through. miss you guys!