Sunday, April 29, 2012

Said goodbye 3 years ago...

Three years ago, I said goodbye to these beautiful faces.
After going back year after year through high school and college, 
I really thought this would be the very last time I saw the golden fields of wheat and bright blue sky of the Ukraine.
I said goodbye to all those I'd held close to my heart the past years of college and high school, really believing that it would be the last time I'd see them.
I said goodbye to the smells of B.O. the dirty floor village churches, the water wells that held cold refreshing contaminated water.
I left Ukraine with the unknown of when I'd ever set foot in that country again.

However, God has set it in place for me to go back. 
Praising God, because not only do I get to go back, my husband gets to go as well, and meet those that left a lasting impression on me.
My daddy is going to Ukraine for the first time and my younger sister Ashley is going to work at the orphanage too! 

Now look at these sweet faces. 
My heart has longed to see their faces...and this summer i'll get to:)
These are the kids...this is the orphanage...this is the place, where God grew my passion for working with kids.
I'm where I am today, as a woman, as a wife, as a foster parent, because of the things I'd learned and seen here.
























Now, after seeing these faces year after year, and three years later finally going back...can you just imagine my excitement to work there again?!

God is GREAT.
I'm so thankful for this opportunity. 

4 comments:

Alexandra G. Smith said...

LOVE this post!

Lhen said...

Hello Ate Kristine,

I'm so happy for you. your post is really an encouragement. Have a nice and safe trip to Ukraine. :)


Lhen

Lindsay said...

I echo Ale... Love this :)

Anonymous said...

wow.. love this.. :)

Irene Wibowo