Monday, April 23, 2012

Sunday bliss

Normally, on Sundays, I take the day off from cooking.
Not for any other reason, but to take a break from all the dishes and clean up after it.
We usually eat out after church and have left overs or snack throughout our evening.

Buuuut, with all these new recipes, I HAD to try making something!
And I didn't even mind-because lately, the kitchen has been my most favorite room in the house.
[this pic was taken back when we first moved in..i assure you, it's now a lot more busy looking.]

The guys had a Star Wars marathon, and although I liked seeing the movies in theater when they came out, I was more into looking at new recipes and figuring out what I could make with the ingredients I have in my kitchen.

I made two things.
First, for a snacking food, I made a hot spinach and artichoke dip.
Now when I go to restaurants, this is usually one of my favorite appetizers on the menus.
I personally really enjoyed this new dish and was excited to have a whole pan full!
Unfortunately though, this one didn't go so well with the guys. 
It was too healthy tasting is what was said.
Oh, well. This recipe will go in the reject pile.

So, bummer, I have a whole pan full that I've gotta portion out to eat all alone.
Sadness, it's not as much fun cooking food when there's no one to share with.
Next, I made a couple pans of Low fat chewy banana nut oatmeal cookies.
I have never in my life been a fan of banana cookies. 
I could never understand how anyone could put oatmeal in a cookie.

However, things change, and by golly, these cookies are AMAZING.
I even love them.
The guys had a difficult time limiting themselves to one serving of these cookies (2 cookies), but my husband especially raved about these cookies.

 Low fat cookies have never tasted so good.

More things to try, and this week holds so many different activities in the evenings after work.
I'm pumped for the week! 

No comments: