Saturday, May 26, 2012

Beginning of summer break!

The last day of school was this past week. 
it was bittersweet-I was glad to see summer break...but, I was really pretty sad to let go of the 4th graders in our school, because now they're leaving our school and heading to the middle school.

[this pic is only 2/3 of the kids in K-4 grade...for a small town, we have a HUGE elementary school].


in celebration of it all, we've been cleaning, packing, doing laundry, and preparing for the weeks ahead.
I had a HUGE need for a fruit pizza, but all the recipes I could find were all made pretty high in calories.
So, I cut back a few notches of ingredients and found a way to make a pretty low cal fruit pizza, with all the great flavors! 
I made it last night and had intended to save it til the next evening for dessert, but my hubby and i decided to "check how it tasted" late last night.
Needless to say, we both LOVED it and are excited to serve it after LUNCH today;) (and maybe a slice of it for breakfast too?;))

Mangoes, strawberries, grapes, and kiwi, oh my!


Today will involve a lot of the same stuff I'd already mentioned, but today, we're going to try and hit the water park to open up the summer season with the little guy! Can't wait!

Happy happy summer everyone!

No comments: