Monday, March 31, 2014

A little tumbler


When someone offered a free trial run for a gymnastics class for babies and toddlers, i just couldn't pass it up. 
She was super stinkin cute, ready for her first gymnastics class.
Is it wrong that I'm living through her once again? 
I mean, i know she's only 9 months, but i hope and dream that she wants to do gymnastics.
I did gymnastics til i was like 11 or 12, and my gymnastics career ended in Japan, so naturally, i hope that she wants to do the same.
but looking extra cute and  chubby while doing it.

 She was so stinking excited as little boys and girls her age started to arrive. Many were new to the class as well, and she was excited to meet every.single. one.

They started the class with a song, as Lux tries to figure out why she has to sit and wait for everyone to finish singing about touching their nose and toes.
 Lux loves books.
So of course, although there was a huge gym full of awesome equipment, guess who found the only two books in the entire room?
Lux was immediately drawn to the big pink ball.
Most of our time in the class, she chased this ball around.
I kept catching her chasing it around, happily getting to it, and then have it taken by a bigger kid.
You can kinda see her trying to stand her ground and protest that she had the ball first. 
it took everything in me not to get in there and get the ball back for her.
it's a good thing i didn't, because she is extremely persistent.
She knew what she wanted and did everything in her power to get that beautiful wonderful pink ball.
And she did! 
She got to it again!
but then after giving it a great big hug, they were separated once again when it was taken away from her. 
She chased him down til he got tired of running away from a crawling baby, and picked it up and ran off.
[how sad is this as she looks after the ball leaves her?]
 At this point, my heart almost broke into tiny pieces as my little girl sadly watched others playing with the pink ball that she worked so hard to hug.
So I took her over to the trampoline and she and i did some jumping.
She loved it! It was so much fun. 

When we got home, she was excited to see her daddy and I was excited to show him all the pictures and videos I had taken.
It was so much fun.
I'm definitely going to bring her back for that class!

No comments: